<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 04, 2004

For years I've been trying to figure out why salad tastes better in a restaurant than at home (well, I haven't been thinking of this constantly for years - I've thought of other things, too). I think I might have part of it figured out (besides the fact that things just taste better when someone else makes it). When people make a salad at home, they usually get all of the ingredients together and then they toss the salad. So the salad's a mix of all kinds of things. But in most cases, restaurants will layer or split it up... the ham is in one area, the shredded carrots in another, so every bite doesn't taste exactly the same. And I think the vegetables are refrierated...

I've found that making a sandwich ahead of time and putting it in the fridge wrapped like in a cafeteria makes it taste better too.

Mmmm! Now I'm hungry.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?