Monday, July 30, 2007
I'm making couscous. Sara's told me how to make it (she makes it really well). It's on the stove now. I will find out soon if I paid attention or not.
Edited: Turns out I'm a GREAT listener. Good couscous! (I just put too much pepper in it)
Friday, July 27, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
1. When she asks for a glass of water, ask "a full glass?" she'll say "of course" - then fill it waaaaaay up - so there's so much water it's actually a bit higher than the brim - then walk verrry slooooowly and bring it to her. It gets funnier with time (to me, not to her).
Warnings: Try only with water. Juice will make a mess and turns it: 1) not so funny and 2) gives YOU some work to do.
Have I tried?: LOTS of times. She now asks for a full but not too full glass.
2. If you say something and she can't hear you, say "I said:" then say it again, but this time really mumbly and quietly. Works best when there's a lot of ambient noise and she's further away (from the living room to the kitchen for example)
Have I tried?: Yes. Variations of it anyways. Truly annoying.
3. Walk behind her everywhere and keep asking her "whatcha doin'?"
Have I tried?: Yes. Mostly the asking part, and the following part deperately. Only now did I think of trying both TOGETHER. Sara, when are you coming back from your trip?
4. When you watch tv, say, out of the blue things like "fantastico" and "ole!"
Have I tried?: No! Man! No! That's funny stuff! I've got to do that. I did a variation at work once that worked out good - quoting something I saw on TV "Now the people will know we were here" out of the blue. Worked out nicely.
5. Put her glasses on and walk around in circles sayinig "these ain't so great. everything's blurry" as you walk towards her breakable things - make sure you don't hit the breakable things or else it's 1) not so funny and 2) doesn't give you a whole lot of chance to work on the other things to annoy her.
Warnings: Probably not good for your eyesight.
Have I tried?: I think I might almost have but not specifically this. It gives me a headache to put on someone's glasses (as I guess it should).
6. Appease her and then scare her. if you're doing the laundry for the first time say "things went pretty well. the only thing is we'll need new towels at some point but besides that it turned out pretty good I'm proud of myself". then wait. let her figure out what nasty things could have happened to the towels.
Have I tried?: Oh yes! Comedy! Sorry Sara. I'm glad we can laugh about it now.
I've been saying that to Sara lately and it makes her laugh. What makes it even funnier is that I'm calling her "son" when I say it.
Speaking of nautical expressions I just made up a joke. Where does the pirate of the village live? On Arrr Arrr 1 (R. R. 1... Rural Road 1... get it? No? Oh well, it's making me laugh and really isn't that what's most important?)
Friday, July 20, 2007
I have a music book that I've been looking for on and off for the past few months, and I can't find it.
Tonight, I looked through just about everywhere in this place and I still can't find it.
I can't think of anywhere else to look. Has anyone seen it?
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Thursday, July 05, 2007
I looked at the passenger and the driver, wondering if either one would notice... they walked away... after a minute or so, I see the driver get back into his car and drive away to go park in a public pay parking lot.
That is how I spent my day.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
1. Went to Subway. They said that for Canada Day (I'm assuming because it's really busy and they don't want to offer all kinds of choices, so they can speed things up) - only American cheese is available.
2. Walked around to hear American Pie playing really loud on a restaurant patio.
3. Something else I think.
Oh well - it's July 4th today - happy Independence Day! Sara says maybe Subway is only selling Canadian cheese today in the U.S...
Edited - July 5/07: Oh yeah, now I remember - #3 is I turned on the TV and they were playing The Alamo (a sort of historic movie about America) on one of the large Canadian TV channels.
Edited - July 27/07: This is an old post but I just remembered something else - there was a cool street party and the DJ played as one of his first songs "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit." I don't really care though (I don't care about any of these things, it's just funny) because it was a great song - I'd never heard it before. It's the perfect street party song.